Resolution


The Widgipedia gallery
requires Adobe Flash
Player 7 or higher.

To view it, click here
to get the latest
Adobe Flash Player.
Get this widget from WidgipediaGet this widget from WidgipediaMore Web & Desktop Widgets @ WidgipediaMore Web & Desktop Widgets @ Widgipedia

I prefer to muddle through the list of changes to make, the additions and subtractions I'll be creating in my life, AFTER January.

Why?
Everybody is already well on their way to breaking the recent resolutions they've made for the new year! After the stress of holiday preparations and obligations, barely finishing Christmas celebrations - it's no wonder that any big plans start unraveling quickly.

These bone-chilling days are too somber a mood of gray for such debt. They provide a less than upbeat backdrop. Such dismal characteristics are not indictive to feeling refreshed and renewed. Heck, you haven't even received the bill for December's good will givings. Wouldn't it be better to wait until you've gotten the statement and made the first payment?

At the moment I'm just coming to terms with the projects I haven't completed from the year before (which ended but a few days ago). My clean slate won't appear for a few weeks, and only then will I have the fortitude to carry out, wait - actually hatch a plan for 2009.

Don't get me wrong. The New Year is like a shining light, full of hope and much promise. But I myself would rather wait until I've reached the end of a dark tunnel before navigating myself into another direction. To do otherwise seems fool-hardy, don't you think?

My watch may be set off a month from the rest of the world, but time is relative, as the saying goes. Still, I wish a prosperous New Year to you all.

1 comment:

Jane Doe said...

I never do resolutions. But if I did, your theory makes all the sense in the world. It's no wonder it's so difficult to keep resolutions. It would be interesting to find out if January is the most depressing month of the year ~ I'm guessing probably yes.
Thank you for all your care & support, it really means a lot to me.